Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Title? I have no Title. I'm Titless...erm, Title-less?

Wow, it's been awhile! I have been very busy getting ready for the baby, and trying to finish up a million and one other projects (that I won't have much time or energy for for at least a little bit!)

One thing that was majorly on the docket (dockit?) was the kitchen of Cassie's house. I had all of the pieces ready to go, had the tile, cut the sides, and then FINALLY we assembled!



I bought teensy craft mosaic tiles to do the tile backsplash, and I painted. The green is actually the green for Riley's room! We have a gallon of it and will not even come close to using all of it. Still left to do: Glue and grout the floor tile, paint and put up the window and wall trim (it's cut and ready) touch up the fridge, make some curtains...whew! Doll houses are almost as much as real houses (YEAH RIGHT!)



I also finally got around to making something from the Simplicity 2353 pattern for Blythe! I bought a quarter yard of this cute purple check fabric and made Cassie "Dress F" which is more coat-like, but still turned out cute.



Work has been off and on, but is generally a motivation for me. I get a lot more accomplished when I know that I have to be at work (or anywhere) at a certain time. It's like "You have this much time...GO!"

Several sisters asked for SAI letters (I think everyone wants them before the baby; I won't be driving down to the college with her in nasty November!) I had a lot of fun making letters for a newer sister, because she gave me some new fabrics. I looooove new fabrics! Also had some fun creating a totally new hoodie look. Typically I offer long and short sleeve Ts, over-the-head-hoodies, and totes. This time around I made a zip up hoodie with some extra goodies. Pics to come eventually. ;) I was so inspired that I FINALLY made some of my own letters, including a giant brown hoodie to wear in all this nasty weather we've been having lately!



I think I am more and more sure that I want Punkaholic People. I was thinking I would go with a cheap(er) doll and just customize her completely with black and purple mohair and such...but I really like PP, and I want a doll that I can enjoy right away. If I get PP and customize her little by little (add some highlights, but not a full reroot) I can still photograph her and take her around. I am so sad waiting for Hana to get finished (and whose fault is it that she isn't? Oops...)

We will see what my birthday brings this year. Maybe a new doll and a new baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment