Thursday, November 17, 2011

Falling for Autumn

The last post sets up this one...two new dolls in a matter of days. A BK member contacted me, knowing that I was after an Aztec Arrival Inspired BL, and well, after a quick phone call to hubby and a surprise okay, Autumn was paid for and on her way. I was surprised on Sunday to see that her tracking indicated she would be delivered on Monday! Squee!

So, on Monday I anxiously awaited the postman. It was gorgeous weather, so the babies and I were out on the front porch. I saw him coming, and I saw the large, flat rate Priority box poking out of his mail bag. He handed me my envelopes and then said the magic words, "Oh wait, you have a package too." He handed me the box, but then stood there, rooting through the bag. "Oh no," he muttered. "I don't have the sheet for you to sign." His English was actually not that good, and he kept ranting over and over about the pink sheet, and then he said it, "I can't leave it. I must take it until you sign the sheet." I thought I was going to cry right then and there, in front of him and the kids.

He offered to come back tomorrow. I wasn't going to be home. He offered to stop after work, at 5:30. I would be at work then. My husband could sign, he said. Disappointed, I brought the kids inside so as not to watch him walk away with my dollie. I hopped on the forums in hopes of getting in a short rant while the kids played, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Postman found a slip somewhere, thank god, and I got my big, beautiful box, with my big beautiful dollie inside. She was wrapped in tons and tons of tissue paper and rolled in fabric. I must have looked like some sort of sitcom, where I was tearing away layer of layer in anxiety to finally see my Azzie in person.


Her story: She has been owned by three different people, and well loved. Her right shoulder has a slight crack and her body is fairly loose. Her hair must have been washed at some point, because it feels greasy to the touch, like she wasn't rinsed well. I gave her a long rinse to see if it would help. It is better, but needs more.

I really like the nickname, Azzie, but I wasn't sure, so I gave her another A name. I think I will carry on the autumn theme with her the way I have with Fawn. Maybe it can be my "BL" thing. Haha. I need to get her somthing pretty to go on her pull string that is autumn themed, and then some clothes! It's hard to figure out this girl's style. I think it's pretty plain, mostly jeans and Ts kinda girl.



I hope to get back into doing my Big & Small segment and add a new feature. It has been hard to get any photos done as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment